Family Service launched the Senior Commodity food program in Oct. 2017.
This valuable program works to improve the health of low-income elderly persons by supplementing diets with nutritious USDA food. There are no fees or costs associated with the program.
- You must be 60 years old or older
- You must be able to document Yellowstone County residency
- You must present your picture ID
- Your income must be 130% of the federal guidelines or less.
- 1 person senior household, your total annual income must be $15,672 ($1309/month) or less
- 2 person senior household, your total annual income must be $21,108 ($1759/month) or less
- The application for the program must be filled out annually, signed and matched to ID and a 6 month re-certification statement is required—no one else can do this for you
- You (or your designee) must sign for the food distribution every month it is received
Family Service is working in conjunction with the Adult Resource Alliance, Big Sky Senior Services, Senior Centers around the county and other organizations to make these food bags and the sign-up for them more widely available. Additional locations will be rolled out in the future.
Today, you can pick up an application and your food bags at the following location:
Family Service, 1824 1st Ave N, Billings
9am-4pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and 10:30-4pm on Wednesday
Watch this site for further location roll-outs